Monday 31 August 2015

a stormy day and a cautionary tale!

Ollie and I woke up in the middle of the night due to the rumbling of thunder. Ollie is getting much braver than he used to be in a storm.
The rain cleared a little so we went out for walkies. When we got back I loaded some things into the car including a large weeping fig. It was so large I wedged it on the front seat and put the seatbelt on it.
We drove along in the rain listening to the radio. ( Well I can't be sure the plant was listening but you never know...)
All of a sudden I noticed a flash. I assumed that I had somehow gone through a red light but was pretty sure I hadn't. I wasn't speeding either. I felt pretty surprised and fed up. I drove a bit further and there was another flash. I was even more certain I hadn't committed any driving crimes this time and drove on. At the third flash I realised it was lightening but with no accompanying thunder.

I got home and checked my emails and so discovered a media marketing company had taken an unauthorised payment on my debit card.
This is a bit of a cautionary tale when using debit cards. Be careful folks!

I have been on the phone to the bank who have been very helpful and I am optimistic that they have managed to stop any future payments going out to this company.
I was very impressed at the way the bank calmed me down and responded to my problem.
I definitely feel there are far more good people in the world than bad.

The journey home was rather flooded. I was looking at the way the roads are designed though. They are curved to allow the surface water to drain into the verge as quickly as possible.
Being a marshy area floods are to be expected but it is amazing how quickly the water clears. People are clever. If you think about it we use roads every day taking the completely for granted and yet someone has to design, build and maintain them.
I am very impressed at the determined spirit of the campers at the site here. despite rain being torrential they seem to be having a good time.

Have a lovely day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment