Wednesday 12 August 2015

gardening

I am not the best gardener. I didn't see the point and must admit I haven't shown much interest in it until recently. Today I was at the Supermarket and some perennials were on offer. I had been putting off buying plants until today as they all seemed rather expensive or at least that was my excuse!
Today I couldn't use that excuse so I came home with quite a few plants in my car.
I bought some Sea Pink, a Clematis, a Passion Flower, French Lavender, an Acer and some Snow in Summer amongst other things.
I have always liked Sea Pink.
Derek Jarman mentioned it can grow very well in some areas and as he used to live near here I figured they might do quite well here.
I saw that plant growing when I went on a very marshy Geography field trip when I was about 13. It grew perfectly well there too so I have high hopes for my little plants.
Wish me luck!
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/19/plant-of-week-sea-pink http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/19/plant-of-week-sea-pink

No comments:

Post a Comment