Saturday 5 September 2015

The garden

The garden at Lydd is starting to get more established. A lot of this is thanks to two wonderful friends who love gardening and who have donated plants that they believe will survive in rather harsh terrain.
The little plants I bought are all still alive and getting bigger. If the weather is reasonably kind through the winter they could make it!

The plants that grow wild around here are remarkable. I see them every day when I walk Ollie. There is a sea-poppy with beautiful yellow flowers that seems to flourish amongst other things.

I have never been excited about growing plants before and I think I was missing out.
When I was younger I didn't think I had time for growing plants but now I realise that if I had made time for them I could have had a beautiful garden in my last house. 

It is lovely that every age we experience has its new pleasures as we learn about the things that truly make us happy. 

These plants were grown by my friend. Aren't they lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment