Thursday 23 July 2015

last day of term.

Tomorrow is the last day of the school year for me and the pupils I teach. For some pupils it will be their last day at our school. All over the UK pupils have either broken up or will  tomorrow.
I love the Summer Holidays. It is an opportunity for Kids to spend time in the way they choose and an opportunity for families to spend more time together. Even if parents work, there are opportunities for weekends out and it doesn't matter if you get home late as the kids don't have school the next day.
I know it can be tough on parents as many kids are influenced by the media and expect lots of lavish holidays and trips out. Many families cannot afford this.
I think it is really important to teach children that a lot of the best things are free. Spending time outside, taking the dog for a walk is free and having a barbecue doesn't cost much.
As a child I loved going to the beach and I still do now.
I am so grateful to my family for teaching me to appreciate the joys of being outside in Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment