Friday 31 July 2015

I am enough

I watched a replay of a speech made at Awesomeness Fest. by therapist Marisa Peer. Her message was very simple but all the more effective for this simplicity.
Many people feel inadequate wishing they achieved more, earned more etc. etc.
Marisa's response to this is to encourage people to write down the simple words and say them to yourself over and over again, 'I am enough.'
She has helped suicidal people to overcome their desperation with these words. She has asked people to take out a lipstick and write these words on the mirror. She has persuaded people to put these words on their screen-savers. People have even commissioned art to hang in their houses and other people have had tattoos to remind them. 'I am enough.'
If you think about it is it true.
I am enough and you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment