Thursday 16 April 2015

UK weather, landscapes and seasons.

I love the different weather we experience in UK. Today I was walking Ollie in a field in brilliant sun shine and a few weeks ago I was wading in mud in the same field with rain pouring down.
My holiday caravan is sited on cliffs surrounded by sea and sky which turn from icy steel grey to crystal clear blue according to the weather and season.
I love the fact that we have changing seasons and the weather changes the whole mood and appearance of the landscape.
I love camping in different settings at different times of year. Camping keeps you outside for much of the time and puts you in touch with what really matters in life.
I particularly like walking with dogs as they enjoy most settings in all weathers and help me to appreciate the simple things in life.
Walking on Dartmoor recently really reminded me how quickly the weather can change and showed me how dramatic and beautiful our landscape can be.
I hope that we are able to preserve it for future generations and that we are able to teach our children to appreciate the joys of being outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment